Sunday, September 21, 2014

Word Project (Ephemeral) Artist Statement

I was able to create 10 finished quality works of art related to my word, 'Ephemeral' within the given time requirements. I was also able to interrupt my word in a literal and metaphorical way. In the beginning, my plan was to run with the idea of 'beautiful things never last.' I started out with wanting to create works of art that show the opposite side of beautiful things. With that being said, my mind decided to run off and I put my own spin on my word. I decided to bend the word to fit into my own life. I decided to run with the idea of time and that it is the one thing that all human beings chase after. We all want more time in our life and feel as if time just flies by and by the time you know it, your life is close to over. Therefore the idea of 'time' is ephemeral. With that being said, I created 10 quality works of art by having good time management and spreading my projects out within the time limit. I also was able to use a range of media (collage, watercolor and acrylic). Overall, I used this project to really let myself go and let my mind take me from project to project. This was the first time that I was truly able to let art flow out of me without feeling pressured. Overall, I was able to create 10 finished quality works of art related to my word, 'Ephemeral' within the given time requirements.





2 comments:

  1. Your pieces were beautiful and I can't believe how beautiful your art was in the form of a collage! I love the pieces in which you chose to show as those were my favorite pieces of yours. They have great movement and meaning behind them and I think that's why they are more beautiful and meaningful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, your collection worked well. The interpretations of your word were rich and meaningful and maybe something you'd like to return to in video or photography. I especially enjoyed your collages and also the watercolor explorations. Maybe a future marriage of both media would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete