Thursday, September 4, 2014

Word Project Research

This photo is a really good inspiration of what I want to capture for this project. I want my project to revolve around the idea that beauty never lasts. With that being said, for all of my final pieces I want to capture the decay or downfall of these once beautiful things. This photograph of a wilted and dead flower captures exactly what I hope to do in my work; the decay after beauty.

Ron Pope - Fireflies Lyrics

Above is a link to the lyrics of the song 'Fireflies' by Rob Pope. These lyrics are a good inspiration to the type of emotion that I want my pieces to give off. The song talks about young love and all of the beautiful things that never last for long. The song captures the downfall/decay of all of those beautiful things and does not focus on the actual beauty of them. If there was one thing that I want to accomplish with my pieces it would be to bring the emotion that this song has and have the viewers feel that.

Aging Father's Decline: A Son's Photo Journal

The link above brings you to a site with a very deep story. Just to summarize, a son photographs the aging decline and death of his father. Each photo is very moving but the main point of this as inspiration is that I want to create pieces with the feeling of these pictures. The idea that beautiful things never last (beauty being anything from emotions to true beauty).

Overall, all three of these examples are a great inspiration to what direction I want to take with my pieces.

3 comments:

  1. Lauren, I love all of different directions you went in with your research. It is interesting how you found things that had exactly what you want to portray in your pieces. Your whole thought process is so interesting and it seems like you have spent a lot of time developing it. I can't wait to see how you tie all of your pieces together and then to how it relates to your word. Great start with the research aspect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things that you chose for your research are amazing. They're all really powerful in their own way, and I think that you could take the inspiration you get from them really far in a ton of different projects. I also like that you chose song lyrics as your inspiration, because I like the idea that things don't have to be a visual to inspire, if that makes any sense. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, I love the objects you chose to research for your concentration subject, they are all really ingesting to me. I also love your idea of decaying beauty, this concept could be a really strong idea to expand upon in your concentration portion of your portfolio. In addition this is a great foundation to build your ten pieces off of.

    ReplyDelete