Monday, November 24, 2014

Foreshortened Self Portrait Artist Statement

Artist Statement
For this project, I knew that I wanted do something that had a very deep meaning to me and portrayed an actual emotion that I feel. I spend so much time in my room (where this picture takes place) and I wanted to capture that feeling that I get when I am finally able to escape away from the day and be alone. I wanted to capture that feeling where everything comes crashing down to you at night and you drive your self crazy with your own thoughts. For me personally, I keep everything bottled in and when I get to my room at night thats when I am able to let everything out and sometimes it takes a huge toll on me (which is what this picture depicts). Overall, I love the way that this photo turned out. I worked foreshortening into the poses that I took and think that I did a nice job of it. Also I think that I had great craftsmanship with all of the editing that I had done. I was able to create a complex composition through a very well thought out design and different poses which give depth to the piece. Also, I think one of the strongest parts about this piece is the nice rhythm that I have throughout it. I think I could have done a better job with shaping the figures in photoshop but it was also very hard because the quality was not very high. The second picture that I have posted was made from pictures that I took for fun when it has snowed. I had some extra free time for this project and decided to put together a piece that showed how we are still able to be young at heart even though we may be getting older each day. While this photo isn't as strong compositionally as my other one, it does a very nice job of demonstrating foreshortening which is why I decided to show it. Overall, I was able to create pieces that show a high level of concept and composition as well as foreshortening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment