Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Self Portrait Proposal

I will meet the criteria of this assignment by creating a very complex composition with at least 8 of my own original photographs. I will show foreshortening in the figure by positioning the camera at different angles/places which will accentuate a certain spot of my body. I want to show foreshortening through my hands somehow and the placement of them because I feel like hand gestures are something that portray so much emotion just in themselves. Throughout this portrait, I really want to portray my true inside feelings although you can not see them from the outside. I really want to portray what it really feels like to deal with anxiety and how it really impairs you to do certain things. What I have planned for this piece is multiple ghostlike shots of myself in a woods like setting all combined into one. This will portray the idea that I am haunting myself everyday and my mind is always consumed. This is a very significant topic for me because I deal with it everyday and also not many people know it about me. 


http://www.pinterest.com/pin/572309065118829970/
Self portraits in square by Aneta Ivanova:
I love the ghostly feel that this self portrait has and I want to portray something like that in mine.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/452752568761350680/
This piece is very inspiring to me because it makes me feel the same emotion that I want to portray, It also gives off the effect of that I want to create.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/69383650480272386/
Photography by: Michelle Ferrera
I love the foreshortening in this picture and the placement of the body. I want to do multiple photographs with foreshortening just like this one in my piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment