Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Portal Wisconsin Website

When first opening the website, I was a little confused at what it was all about but then I realized how awesome this website was! I love the fact that it is all about Wisconsin and the art that goes on in it. Another thing that I found super cool is the fact that you are able to submit your own work to be displayed on the website. I also really enjoyed looking at all of the local photographers and artists; it's super cool and inspiring to see all of the talent so close around you. Not only that, but another thing that I found super interesting was all of the categories of art you could look at! One of the main things I learned was how cool mixed media pieces were, I will definitly be using some of those ideas to enhance my artwork this year! I had also learned that woodworking was considered a form of art. although I always knew that sculpting and such was art, I had never really thought about wood. It would be super cool to try this year considering my Dad owns a wood shop. Lastly, I had learned about all of the opportunities for artists around Wisconsin! Seeing all of the lists of events and fun activities that artists are needed for is something i'd be super interested in checking out this year and that will be able to impact my artwork as a whole.

http://www.portalwisconsin.org/online_gallery_image.cfm?rid=40413&artist=975&sort=medium&i=1&medid=16

This photo is called "Consensus" and it was taken by Lary Dickerson. I love this photo a lot, mostly because it was taken in the Milwaukee Public Library and that is where I had my best photo shoot yet when I was in Photography 1. Not only that but I love the composition of how the hand rails and mantle is aligned. It almost makes the piece feel a bit abstract.

http://www.portalwisconsin.org/online_gallery_image.cfm?rid=40418&artist=975&sort=medium&i=1&medid=16

This photo is called "Whirling Girlish" and it was taken by Lary Dickerson. I also love this photo by him because it gives almost a non photograph feel. I am always stuck to thinking that my photography has to be crisp lines and high quality but seeing something like this that is beautiful and blurry at the same time, I really do love it! This makes me really want to try new things with photography this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment