Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wisconsin Arts Board Website

I had no idea that there was a website out there that displayed as much art information for one state! I started to dig really deep into the website and found so many cool things such as the poetry out loud contest and quilting classes for kids. It was super cool to see all of the interesting and helpful actives out there. It is also awesome that some organization "nurtures creativity" because without places like these, our world would most definitely struggle. I want to use this website to enroll in at least one of their contests that they put out for high school students. I believe that applying for all these contests will most definitely improve my artist ability! Although there are really no pictures on this website to post, I must say that I was really inspired by all of the amazing events put together in Wisconsin just to keep art alive. It is something very near and dear to my heart and I am so happy that it exists!

http://artsboard.wisconsin.gov/sublink.asp?linksubcat2id=2689&linksubcatid=3574&linkcatid=3728&linkid=1653&locid=171

This sculpture is called "backyard bee keeping" by Chris Watten. It is part of the Phantom Galleries. Personally I have never even attempted sclupture but there is something about this one that I really like.  It's super fun and makes me feel happy. Coming from someone who generally makes and loves art that pulls at my heart strings, I really enjoy this upbeat fun looking sculpture! 

http://artsboard.wisconsin.gov/sublink.asp?linksubcat2id=2691&linksubcatid=3574&linkcatid=3728&linkid=1653&locid=171

This painting is untitled by Kim Rahal. It was put in downtown Kenosha in empty store fronts to transform them. This was done with acrylics which really  intrigues me because the colors are so incredibly vibrant! I love how abstract this piece is and was really drawn in by the colors on it. I would love to know how she got her colors so vibrant and would love to try to create a piece like this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment